Recommended Minimum Requirements
The Recommended Minimum System Requirements, here, should allow even someone fairly new to installing Ubuntu or Gnu&Linux to easily install a usable system with enough room to be comfortable.
- 2 GHz dual core processor
- 2 GiB RAM (system memory)
- 25 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
- VGA capable of 1024×768 screen resolution
- Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media
- Internet access is helpful
Get image and download Ubuntu
Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo)
Download ISO file below:
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
Download the latest LTS version of Ubuntu, for desktop PCs and laptops. LTS stands for long-term support — which means five years, until April 2023, of free security and maintenance updates, guaranteed.
Create a bootable CD/DVD to install Ubuntu
On Windows 7/8/10, to create a CD/DVD from Ubuntu ISO file. Please insert an empty DVD media in DVD drive.
After you right-click on the ISO file, select [Burn Disk image] option in the menu.
Select CD/DVD Drive => Click [ Burn ] button to start burning the disc image.
Create a bootable USB to install Ubuntu
on Ubuntu OS, Insert your USB stick and find [ Startup Disk Creator ] application
Click [ Other ] => browse to Ubuntu ISO file and specific USB Device for bootable => Click [ Make Startup Disk ] button